Purpose of this procedure is to ensure that the verification or other activities necessary for ensuring that purchased products, components or activities meet specified purchase requirements.
This procedure is applicable to all the following systems and standards
- API Spec Q1, 9th edition/ ISO 29001: 2020
- API Spec …..
- API Spec ……
- API Spec ……
- API Spec ……
- API Spec …….
- Management Representative
- QA/QC Engineer
- Stores Keeper
- All concerned process heads.
- Products/Services from external provider
- SRV notes
Resources needed for the receipt, handling, inspection, verification, storage, preservation, control, and documentation as appropriate for every product or service shall be available.
6.1 RECEIPT OF GOODS IN STORE
- Upon issuance of purchase order a copy of the same shall be given to the Store Keeper, so that he can identify the material upon arrival and maintain proper identification and traceability of received goods.
- Upon receipt of material/goods from the supplier, the store keeper (SK) shall verify the description, quantity and physical condition against the delivery document and tally the same both physical and document. If any discrepancy observed shall be noted and communicated to the Purchase Officer/Head of Supply Chain and subsequently to the QA/QC Engineer.
- Upon confirmation of goods received are in line with an approved PO, the store keeper shall prepare a Material Receipt Inspection Report (MRIR) along with all other documents available such as PO, supplier delivery documents, relevant certifications (MTC, data sheet, batch certificates, etc.) and given to the QA/QC personnel for inspection and release.
- QA/QC personnel verify the received product/material or components in line with the PO and confirms that the item received are meeting the requirements specified in the PO which including all technical delivery conditions.
- Conformance of product quality will be marked as accepted in the MRIR (signing and stamping the MRIR) by the QA/QC Personnel.
- When the Mill Certificate, Batch Certificate or Certificate of Conformance or other documentation deemed necessary to confirm the acceptance of product/service quality, they are to be requested and shall be reviewed prior to the acceptance of the product/service.
- It is the responsibility of QA/QC Engineer who inspect or verify the material is using the applicable version of specification, drawing, process requirements, inspection instructions, traceability and other relevant technical data at the time of his inspection/verification.
- After the QA/QC verification and acceptance of the purchased product, the store keeper prepares Store Receipt Voucher (SRV) and receive the material in store (inventory or job/contract) account.
6.2 IDENTIFICATION, TRACEABILITY AND INSPECTION STATUS
- All the material good received in store shall have unique identification and traceability to its source, purchase, inspection, release, issuance and use.
- In order to maintain this trace ability XXX identify all the received good with a SRV Number marked on the item or on the lot where individual marking is not practically possible.
- SRV number is a unique identification number that starts with a new serial number at the beginning of every year and it continue in a sequential order till the end of that year. Every SRV will have the relevant PO number and that will trace the source and supply and the GRIR number that will indicate the verification, inspection and acceptance details.
- In order to identify the different grades of bar stock, a colour coding chart is developed and displayed near the material storage area.
6.3 VERIFICATION OF STOCK MATERIAL
- Critical product and components in stock shall be verified for it’s storage, preservation and ability to meet the intended results in product quality shall be verified by suitable means.
- Based on the inspection findings the QA/QC Engineer or the Lead QA/QC may take decision on inspection and acceptance of such products in coordination with design engineer.
6.4 ISSUANCE OF STOCK MATERIAL
- When any purchased product is in need for the production or operations, the concern person or department will raise a request to the store and the SK will issue the goods after verifying the intended purchase.
- Product purchased for a particular project/job shall not be issued for any other job unless approved by the GM
- Reviewed MTCs/Reports/Certificates
- Quality checking reports
8.0 KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATOR
Refer to Annual Objectives
9.0 ASSOCIATED DOCUMENTS & RECORDS
|DESCRIPTION OF THE RECORD||FORMAT NUMBER||RESPONSIBILITY|
|Purchase Order||XXX / PRO / 01||Procurement Engineer|
|Material Receiving Inspection Report||XXX / STR / 04||Store Keeper|
|Nonconforming Product Report||XXX / QA / 42||QA/QC Engineer|
|Store Receipt Voucher||XXX/STR/01||Store Keeper|
|Store Issue Record||Software||Store Keeper|
|Issue Record||XXX/STR/07||Store Keeper|
|Store Return Voucher||XXX/STR/08||Store Keeper|