The purpose of this procedure is:
- To verify that product requirements have been met.
- To describes the requirements for in-process and final inspection and testing.
- To define in detail the various steps to be initiated for the inspection and testing of raw materials and finished products for achieving process control and optimum quality Control.
This procedure is applicable to all the following systems and standards
- ISO 29001: 2020/ API Spec Q1, 9th edition
- API Spec ….
- API Spec …..
- API Spec …..
- API Spec …..
- API Spec ….
Applies to all processes which has an influence on product quality
- QA/QC Engineer
- Operations Engineer
- Machine Shop Manager
- All concerned process owners
- Requirements for in-process and final inspection and testing
- Production & Quality plan
- Inspection & Test plan
All MMEs, Trained Manpower, Computers, Printer & net connection, XXX Procedures/QIPs/ Work instructions
XXX maintains a documented procedure for inspection and testing to verify that product had met the requirements.
6.1 IN-PROCESS INSPECTION AND TESTING
- Production & Quality Plans or written instructions/route sheet identify all ‘hold’ points during the production process where inspection, testing and identification is required. This is accomplished through inspection and testing, process monitoring or sampling to a specified sampling plan.
- Acceptance of the above, are identified by signing the document by the concerned inspection authority. (QA/QC Engineer)
- No material is moved to the next process station until the above verification is completed unless under a ‘positive recall’ method.
- Non-conforming ‘in-process’ material are identified as above and the material is quarantined awaiting disposition, in accordance with this quality procedure.
- In case of site operation the in process inspection may be managed by an Inspection Release Note or other release note or inspection clearance acceptable to the customer.
6.2 FINAL INSPECTION AND TESTING
- All product manufactured by XXX have a final inspection and testing to validate the conformance of the product to the manufacturing specification requirement and customer specification in accordance with the product quality plans.
- Personnel other than those who performed or directly supervised the production of the product is (i.e. QA/QC Engineer) to perform the final acceptance inspection at planned stages of the product realization process.
6.3 HARNESS SURVEY
6.3.1 REQUIREMENTS FOR HARDNESS SURVEY
- The hardness inspector derives instructions from QA/QC department to conduct hardness inspection.
- Hardness testing is done as per procedure.
6.3.2 INSPECTION AND WITNESSING
- The QA/QC Engineer is responsible to identify and mark up punch location of the equipment.
- QA/QC Engineer obtains current version RRIR sheet from QA/QC Engineer and/or Production In charge.
- QA/QC Engineer is required to witness all punches, record them into RRIR sheet after conversion by using Brinell Hardness Chart and endorse them with his signature and date.
- There should not be any form/register for recording hardness readings.
- The reading recorded along the punch is not taken into consideration.
- RRIR sheets, once endorsed by QA/QC Engineer are filed back in the job folder.
- Readings are subject to final approval from QA/QC Manager/Operations Manager.
- Hardness Testing is conducted using XXX hardness tester and a hammer of more than Kg 1 is used.
- Equipment should be cleaned prior to and after its use
- Periodic Inspection of the equipment is done by QA/QC dept. to ensure validity of the results obtained.
- Equipment is stored in the gauge room, at a secure place
- Hardness pins (carbide pin) is reordered by writing a material requisition to the stores in charge.
6.3.4 HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Refer to XXX HSE manual.
- Only qualified personnel are given the responsibility of hardness test.
- Personnel qualification is done by QA/QC Engineer by training and examination.
- Requalification of personnel is due every 365 days of the last qualification.
- Records are maintained.
- Initial and final hardness reading recorded is checked for compliance with Hydril/GE acceptable ranges.
- In case of deviations, Nonconformance report is raised, and communicated to all concerned including customer.
- Equipment is marked/tagged red and moved to NC area with in machine shop until rework.
6.4 INSPECTION RECORDS
Inspection records are maintained to reflect the status of the product at all stages which include:-
- Records of Incoming Material (Material Receiving Inspection Report & Store Receipt Voucher)
- Records of In-process Inspection (Production & Quality Plan and Release Notes)
- Records of Final Inspection (Work Shop Report, Dimensional Report, Hardness Test Report, Pressure Test Reports, Liquid Penetrant Report) and when on Project/site operations this is replaced by “Completion Report”
Inspection records are treated as quality records and are retained as per the L2 – 04 Control of Records.
- All inspection & Test reports, MTCs,
- Completed Production & quality plan and ITPs
8.0 KEY PERFORMANCE
9.0 ASSOCIATED DOCUMENTS & RECORDS
|ML of Independent Inspection Personnel||XXX / QA / D03||QA/QC Engineer|
|ML of NDT Certified Personnel||XXX / QA / D04||QA/QC Engineer|
|Production & Quality Plan||XXX / QA / 01||QA/QC Engineer|
|Dimensional Report||XXX / QA / 02||QA/QC Engineer|
|Hardness Test Report||XXX / QA / 03||QA/QC Engineer|
|Pressure Test Report||XXX / QA / 04||QA/QC Engineer|
|Liquid Penetrant Examination (PT) Report||XXX / QA / 05||QA/QC Engineer|
|Magnetic Particle Examination (MT) Report||XXX / QA / 06||QA/QC Engineer|
|Ultrasonic Wall Thickness Report||XXX / QA / 07||QA/QC Engineer|
|Daily Blasting And Painting Report||XXX / QA / 08||QA/QC Engineer|
|Radiography Examination Report||XXX / QA / 09||QA/QC Engineer|
|Heat Treatment Instruction and Report||XXX / QA / 11||QA/QC Engineer|
|API Gauge Engagement Record||XXX / QA / 17||QA/QC Engineer|
|Certificate of Conformance||XXX / QA / 23||QA/QC Engineer|
|Visual Inspection Report||XXX / QA / 32||QA/QC Engineer|
|Goods Receiving & Inspection Report||XXX / QA / 33||QA/QC Engineer|
|Material Verification Form||XXX / QA / 38||QA/QC Engineer|
|Process Validation Record||XXX / QA / 39||QA/QC Engineer|
|Equipment or Product Specification Record||XXX / QA / 40||QA/QC Engineer|
|Work Shop Report||XXX / QA / 41||QA/QC Engineer|
|Nonconformance Product Report||XXX / QA / 42||QA/QC Engineer|