To instruct how to monitor & maintain fire fighting equipment and first aid kit.
This work instruction is applicable to all fire extinguishers and first aid kits within the premises.
3. RESPONSIBILITY: HOD Admin
A. INSTRUCTIONS FOR CONTROL OF FIRE FIGHTING EQUIPMENT.
- Arrange fire extinguisher in all plant area of a suitable type for each area.
- Train employees to operate a fire extinguisher and maintain a record of same.
- Audit fire extinguisher at the defined frequency and maintain the record.
- Arrange mock drills & maintain the record of the same.
- Inform concerned agency after use of fire extinguisher to replace it.
B. INSTRUCTIONS FOR MONITORING OF FIRST AID KIT:
- Arrange first aid kit in the plant at all conspicuous places.
- Train employees for using first aid & display list of trained persons on first aid kit.
- Audit first aid boxes of each area monthly for checking availability of required medicines and maintain the record.
5. OPERATIONAL CONTROL PLAN:
|Sr. No||The parameter to be Monitored||Spec.||Freq. Of monitoring||Method of monitoring||Resp.||Record|
|1||Fire extinguisher||OK condition||Monthly||Record||HOD Admin||Record of F.E.|
|2||First aid kit||Required medicines.||Monthly||Visual||HOD HRD||Record of audit|
7.RECORD REF.: Maintenance record of fire extinguisher & first aid kit.