Purpose: This procedure is to be used as Operational controls during grinding operations
Scope: Grinding Opeartion
Responsibilities: Operational: Operators
Supervisory: Shift supervisor
Overall: Production In-charge
Points of Operation:
- Wear face shield, Hand Gloves, Respiratory Masks, safety shoes and Earplugs before starting of operation.
- Keep the work pieces properly on the table.
- Switch on Exhaust Fan.
- Carryout grinding wherever required.
- Ensure that there are no open electrical panels or wires, flammable materials near the working area.
- Ensure that the sparks (if any) does not affect the neighboring process or personnel.
- Ensure that machine guards are used wherever possible.
Points of Checking
- Carry out Dust level monitoring once in a year.
- Conduct Noise level monitoring near grinding area once in a year.
Actions in case of deviations:
- If any problems observed inform shift supervisor immediately.
- Health checkup Records
- Noise and Dust level Monitoring Records