To instruct & ensure the care to be taken to provide good housekeeping at the entire premises of XXX.
These work instructions are applicable for carrying out housekeeping activities at XXX
HOD Amin is responsible for ensuring that the housekeeping contractor will practice this work instruction.
4. INSTRUCTIONS :
HOD Admin ensures:
- Instruct contractor to employ the sufficient number of persons for covering all the areas viz. shop floor, offices, utilities, toilets, & garden.
- Availability of sufficient no. of mops, cleaning soap, other toiletries with the contractor.
- All areas are free from cobwebs & dust.
4.1 SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
HOD Admin ensures the following:
- All contractual personnel wears their safety shoes, other PPEs, and proper uniform while working.
- While using a ladder or cleaning the places above six feet/ sufficient care is to be taken i.e. two persons stand below, holding the ladder when one person is working at height on the ladder. Person climbing high is supposed to use safety belt.
- Stacking of material in the scrap yard up to the safety mark or wall height.
- Usage of hand gloves by contractual personnel while handling burr or any other hazardous wastes.
- Use of disinfectants like phenyl in the office area for proper hygiene.
4.2 WORK INSTRUCTIONS:
Carry out housekeeping of various areas as per the frequencies mentioned in the chart below
|Area||Type of Cleaning||Cleaning Frequency|
Utility area, stores, Security room, Office blocks, shop floor
|Departmental office, reception||Sweeping||Daily|
|toilets||Mopping with phenyl||Daily|
|Portable water storage tanks||Mopping after emptying||Once in a month|
|Shop floor lights||Sweeping / Cleaning||Once in a month|
|Water cooler||Emptying & cleaning with soap||Once in a month|
|A whole company ( for insects, pest)||Spraying of pesticides||Once in six months|
|Garden||Cutting, trimming & housekeeping||As & when instructed by a consultant|
|Toilet||Cleaning of blower||Monthly|
- After cleaning the floor with soap water, collect the scrubbed water with vacuum cleaner & let out this water to drain line which in turn goes to outside channel.
- After mopping & sweeping up the area, all contractors should follow the work instruction for Segregation & disposal of solid waste.
5.0 OPERATIONAL CONTROL PLAN:
|Sr.No||The parameter to be Monitored||Spec.||Freq.Of Monitoring||Method of monitoring||Resp.||Record|
|1||Ambient Air Quality||SO2-80µg/m3|
|Once in a six months||External Lab||HOD HRD||Report form External Agency|
Stored in safety dept.
|2||Work zone Air Quality||SO2-5 mg/m3
NOx-TWA 6 mg/m3
|Once in a six months||External Lab||HOD HRD||Report form External Agency Stored in safety dept|
|3||Ambient Noise Level||Day time-75dBA max.|
Night time-70 dBA max.
|Once in three months||External Lab||HOD Admin||Report form External Agency Stored in safety dept|
|4||Work Zone Noise level||90 db A max for eight hours||Once in three months||External Lab||HOD Admin||Report form External Agency|
6.0 RECORD REF. : Reports from External Agencies.