Purpose: This procedure is to be used as guidelines for operating shearing machine.
Scope: Shearing machine.
Responsibilities: Operational: Operators
Supervisory: Shift supervisor
Overall: Production in-charge
Operating Criteria: Physical Safety and Noise Level
Points of Operation:
- Wear Hard Hat, Gloves and safety shoes before starting of operation
- Always use cranes for lifting & placing of sheets from racks or stored location onto shearing machines.
- Make sure that materials used for shearing are free from any fatty or organic substances on their surface to avoid work accidents and prevent gas pollutants diffusion.
- Set stopper to the required length.
- Ensure that hands are away from cutting blade before operating foot switch.
- Restrict the movement in the marked area during cutting operation.
- Always wear gloves for material handling.
Points of Checking
- Carry out the Maintenance as per Preventive Maintenance Checklist
- Conduct Noise level monitoring around shearing area once in a year.
Actions in case of deviations:
- If any problems observed inform shift supervisor immediately.
- Preventive Maintenance
- Noise Monitoring Records