Purpose: This procedure is to be used as guidelines for crane operation
Scope: Overhead Crane and mobile crane operation.
Responsibilities: Operational: Crane operator
Supervisory: shift supervisor
Overall: Production In-charge
Points of Operation:
- Qualified persons are authorized to carry out the crane operation and Heavy equipment License.
- Wear Safety Shoes, Hard hat & hand gloves.
- Ensure there is no horseplay like zigzag movement & movement of hook in pathway etc.
- Do not park Equipment in the machine working areas
- Do not lift more than specified load, use each crane 25% less than safe load . No people movement should take place during operation of crane.
- Do not leave the load left suspended and unattended.
- Wherever possible lift the objects at a lower height.
- Perform under the supervision during critical lifting operations.
- Control swing of load using guide rope.
Points of Checking
- Record any incidents or unsafe conditions in Incidents / Unsafe condition board.
- All the Cranes should be inspected & certified by authorized competent authority once a year for Safe Load.
- Carry out preventive maintenance as per preventive maintenance plan
- Conduct eye check up once a year for crane operators.
Actions in case of deviations:
In case of any deviations or nonconformances observed, inform shift supervisor immediately.
- List of Qualified crane operators
- Preventive Maintenance
- Health checkup & eye test reports.