Purpose: This procedure is to be used as guidelines for Forklift driving.
Scope: Fork lift driving
Responsibilities: Operational: Forklift driver
Supervisory: Shift supervisor
Overall: Production Incharge
Points of Operation:
- Fork lift should be operated at maximum speed of 15km/h
- Forklifts should be operated by qualified persons only.
- Wear Safety Shoes & Hard hat.
- No horses play like zigzag movement, carrying people on fork should be done while operating the forklift
- Do not allow standing on the suspended load.
- Do not lift more than specified limit of equipment and operator to be aware of height clearance.
- Keep lad close to ground and should not block operators view.
- Parking to be done at designated place and not inside the shop floor.
- Keep the vehicle in locked condition during parking.
- Always keep the keys in Office in the designated area.
- Switch ON Head lamp during night operation.
Points of Checking
- Check for battery charge lever – Weekly
- Check horn – Monthly
- Check reverse horn – Monthly
- Check ON & OFF Switch – Monthly
- Check brakes – Monthly
- Check hand brake – Monthly
- Check Left & Right indicators – Monthly
- Check Head light – Monthly
- Check Tyre condition – Yearly
- Certification by competent authorized persons once a year.
Actions in case of deviations:
- If any problems observed inform shift supervisor immediately.
- Record any incidents in Incident / Unsafe condition board / Record
- List of Qualified fork lift drivers
- Preventive Maintenance